Friday, December 16, 2016

Plastidip Removal from Porsche Wheel - NO CHEMICALS!

Earlier this year I decided to switch the color of my wheels back to the original platinum satin finish that the car came with.  As you may know from my previous posts and videos (check out my You Tube channel:  GTSilver for this and many other Porsche DIY videos!) I sprayed my factory wheels with matte black Plastidip a while back.  Absolutely loved it!

So I captured the 'dip removal process.  In a previous post (check it out:  http://plenums.blogspot.com/2015/12/plastidip-removal-991-c4s-rear-wheel.html  I did a "refinish" of one of the wheels that needed touch-up after a tire swap, but in that case I tried couple of different techniques.  This time, I decided to forgo the chemicals and attempt a full removal with just my fingers / elbow grease!

Getting right to it, here is the video, out on my YT channel GTSilver:


I say it throughout the video, and I'll repeat it again here:  the amount of effort to remove the dip from a wheel is directly proportional to how thick and evenly you applied the spray in the first case.

Anyway -- thanks for visiting!  Please subscribe to my email update list, as well as my You Tube channel GTSilver!

No comments:

Post a Comment